Tree Island Steel® produces over 400 sizes, shapes and finishes in our Richmond, BC facility. All Tree Island Steel® nails meet or exceed ASTM F1667, ASTM A153 and ASTM C514 nail standards.
Our focus is to add quality and value to all of our products. Tree Island Steel® nails are produced to ensure maximum strength at all times. Our advanced technology and efficient production ensure consistent quality. We have a wide range of nail types and finishes available to match the Right Fastener for the Right Project.
Tree Island Steel hot dipped galvanized (ZincGard®) process ensures a complete coverage of the nail shank and nail head to reduce corrosion. Tree Island Steel hot dipped galvanized nails meet or exceed ASTM A153 Class D for use in ACQ treated lumber or where corrosion is an issue.
For a complete listing of our nails, download out our Bulk Nails Catalog on the right of this page.
Halsteel® Collated Nails
The best gun nails in the world!
Through many years of innovation, the Halsteel® production process has made the best, most consistent, high quality gun nails in the world. Halsteel’s unsurpassed performance is a direct result of the trust their customers have in the product line, coupled with the reputation for producing the finest gun nails made to the highest standards.
Halsteel® currently manufactures plastic and paper collated nails in all sizes that fit most nail guns in today’s market.
- Virgin plastic collation process eliminates misfires (as opposed to recycled plastic which may contain imperfections).
- Nail points are consistent in measurement and guaranteed to penetrate under correct usage.
- Two strips can be loaded into the nail gun magazine and will not cause jams.
- Nails are domestic made and tested to optimize performance.
- Meets ASTM F1667 standard, ASTM A153 Class D for hot dipped galvanizing, ASTM C514 for stainless steel.
Available Shank: Smooth, Ring, or Screw.
K-LATH® 20 gauge Woven Wire
K-LATH® 1" x 20 gauge woven wire for reinforcement of one-coat modified Portland cement-based plaster.
- 1" hexagonal opening formed with a reverse twist for superior strength
- Redline fastening guidelines to ensure quick, easy and correct fastener placement
- Furred every 6" longitudinally
K-LATH® Kwik Corner accessories make finishing easy. Check out the accessories area of the website for more details.
K-Lath® Furring Nails
K-Lath® furring nails are manufactured for the attachment of non-furred woven wire. Nails are designed with a 1/4" furring device to allow for proper cement embedment.
K-Lath® Kwik Corner
K-Lath® Kwik Corner provides reinforcement of exterior plaster corners to ensure that walls look square and plumb. Use with K-Lath® Woven Wire and Stucco-Rite® welded wire. IAPMO approved.
Straight Corner - 90 degree right angle
Short Flange - for use around doors and windows
Bull Nose - for round corners
One Coat - for 3/8" to 1/2" base coat
Kwik Arch - with a flexible leg for easy installation of radius and arch
Kwik Corner - double wire for easy attachment with nails or screws
Kwik Corner Heavy-Duty Class 3 - galvanized for exceptional corrosion protection
Kwik Corner Plastic Nose - PVC coated for high-corrosion environments
K-LATH® Stucco-Rite Welded Wire Lath
K-LATH® Stucco-Rite is a 16 gauge 2" x 2" welded wire lath for reinforcement of stucco, masonry, and cultured stone. Excellent alternative to 3.4 metal lath.
- Rigid 1/4" furring for consistent, proper embedment
- Redline Fastening Guideline on suction paper to ensure quick, easy and correct fastener placement
- Available with KwikTrack double wire for easy attachment of fasteners
- Paper backed for quick installation: Grade D, 60 Minute and double paper
- Stucco-Rite HD - includes stiffening wires for heavier loads and wider stud spacing
- IAPMO approved
- Easy installation
K-Lath® Tile Mesh
Tree Island Steel K-Lath® Tile Mesh provides structural reinforcement backing for the installation of tile, stone and brick fascias. Reinforcement for plaster on exterior walls, interior floors, countertops and "wet areas" behind ceramic tile.
- 2" x 2" - 16 gauge
- 1/4" or 1/2" furred
- CTI tested reinforcement for Portland cement mortar.
- CTI tested for interior floor sound rated systems (see CTI R5113 - 79)
- Complies with ASTM, C933, C1063, and IBC Federal Specifications QQ - L - 101c
Packaged and Bulk Screws
Tree Island Steel packaged and bulk screws are designed for the do-it yourselfer and contractor .
All screws package label contains a reference to the number of screws in each package and bulk tub or box
Package labels are colour coded to help customers select the right screw for the project.
Screw types include:
- Construction (square head),
- Drywall (Phillips head),
- Decking (square head),
- Flooring (square head) and
- Wood screws (square head).
All Tree Island Steel screws meet or exceed ASTM standards.
The Tree Island Steel® packaged nail program is designed for small projects around the home where cartons of nails are not needed.
Packages are colour-coded to help customers select the right nail for the project.
Nail types include: Common, Spiral, Spikes, Box, Roofing, Duplex, Masonry, Finish, Drywall, Flooring, Casing, Decking, Siding, Staples, Joist Hanger, Plastic Cap, Neoprene washer, and many more. See our brochure for a full range of nails.
All Tree Island Steel nails meet or exceed ASTM requirements. Plastic tub packaging makes products easy to find and recyclable. Available in small and large tubs, as well as in pails.
Tree Island® Canadian Made Stucco Mesh
High-quality welded wire lath designed for use as a base to receive Portland cement-based plaster and exterior stucco. Made in Canada.
- Continuous roll length reduces material waste and saves on valuable labour time
- Self-furred for fast and easy fastener attachment
- Designed with minimum ¼” furring for proper cement embedment
TrueSpec® Nail Head Identification System
The TrueSpec® Head Identification system allows you to build with confidence!
TrueSpec® is the only collated nail with the head stamped and coloured ensuring the correct nail is used for intended application, ensuring structural integrity. Eliminate 'wrong nail' issues and increase efficiency. Specify, build and inspect knowing the 'right nail' was used.
Nails are available in Plastic Strip or Paper Tape in Common, Box, Ring, Screw or Hardware.
See our information sheets for more details about TrueSpec® Nail Head Identification System and build with confidence.